Yesterday was a special day for me as all departments were represented in the clean up of course! So proud and grateful for the help from my work family. You win with people and VBCC has a great staff.
The canal is still very high and this is impeding our drainage to holes 10-13. These holes are still saturated and have standing water in the drains. This has delayed our opening of the Back 9 to Friday. This will allow more drain time and a more safe environment for golfers (snakes and gators). The range will be open tomorrow. The Front 9 should be open on Saturday if flood waters recede on 4,5 and 8. Any rain will delay us by a day.
The amount of debris is unthinkable and crews are working tirelessly in 90 degree temperatures to restore course. I still have several team members stranded in their neighborhoods because of flood waters. We have also been delayed in our cultural practices because of Irma. We were supposed to aerify greens on Monday. We will need to be closed every Monday to catch up on greens maintenance. Our weed control program has been delayed for 2 weeks so weed levels will be higher than normal. The turf never stops.
Pictures below from this morning.
Hole 8 still not passable
13 Tee still flooded
6 green was flooded